Category Archives: slurm

[WARNING] Service returned no data for label gpu use error on munin node

If you have several Linux clients and no way to monitoring what’s going on munin is your friend. I have a couple of non-standard munin plugins that I’ve been scraping around so I was feeling brave enough to write a … Continue reading

Posted in bash, bits, GPU, linux, munin, slurm, software | Leave a comment

Slurm update on CentOS 7

We have a big disconnection time (finally!) and everybody is happily taking coffee and discussing about what to do during the holidays while I’m alone running around updating hardware and software.  I have updated the NVIDIA drivers, the kernel, the … Continue reading

Posted in bits, centos, hardware, slurm, software, yum | Leave a comment

A MATLAB Runtime module

First we download the chosen package from the MATLAB site. Then we unzip it on a test folder and run the provided install script. The procedure is quite easy, no programming knowledge is needed. We choose the path to our … Continue reading

Posted in bits, linux, matlab, modules, slurm | Leave a comment

Add a CentOS 7 node to a GPFS cluster

We want to have all the clients of our storage added as native GPFS clients. I showed before some problems that I experienced with an already joined GPFS client. Everybody’s lazy, so I will suppose you already compiled the GPFS … Continue reading

Posted in bash, bits, centos, filesystems, GPFS, linux, slurm, software | Leave a comment

Install openmpi-3.0.0 with UCX and infiniband support on CentOS 7

So I found out (yes I’m not on all mailing lists) there’s a new openmpi. This will be the third time I do this, and I guess it will not be the last. You check how to install openmpi-2.1.0 on Centos … Continue reading

Posted in bits, hardware, linux, modules, slurm, software, yum | 1 Comment

A cisTEM module on CentOS 7

cisTEM is user-friendly software to process cryo-EM images of macromolecular complexes and obtain high-resolution 3D reconstructions from them. And you will find it here. I will not discuss about why you want to have it on your system instead of … Continue reading

Posted in bits, centos, GPU, linux, modules, nvidia, slurm, software | 2 Comments

Data analysis of a big storage

The boss bought a PB storage solution. The PB storage has a limited number of inodes and it is optimized for files of a certain size, let’s say 200MB. In principle it is a very nice improvement versus NFS mounted … Continue reading

Posted in bits, hardware, linux, slurm | Leave a comment